Wow! Look at that. Shirley from Sewing by shirley sent me these lovely awards. I wasn’t even sure if anyone was reading my blog at all. It’s lovely to find out my missives aren’t just going out into the ether. Shirley has been such a virtual friend and support since I started this blogging. Thank you so much, Shirley.
I have to pass these awards on to some of my favourite blogs.
Sara at Willow and Moo has been a huge inspiration to me both through her blog and through the Crafty Mamas forum. She does Farbenmix/Euro styling with an Aussie twist beautifully and it’s SO great to read a blog not in German! She’s one awesome cook, too. Thanks for all your positive words and help, Sara.
Lisa at Crafty Mamas is one whirlwind of a woman. She’s driven me to exhaustion point testing her patterns this year. And I didn’t even do all of them and that’s not all she does, she’s a mum to 4, runs a successful business and studies all so effortlessly she must be bionic. I swear this lovely woman never sleeps.
Jannelle from Heartfelt and I encountered each other through a rather unpleasant episode on Flickr. I’m so glad I met her and her blog. It’s such a refreshing reminder of what’s really important in life. The photographs are superb and she’s an awesome crafter, too. Turns out I bought the cutest little upcycled and hand dyed cardigan from her for my daughter years ago off trademe!
Biglittle is a gorgeous blog of the most exquisite handmade items for littlies you could hope to find. I love drooling over the gorgeous coats and shoes all made so close in Auckland, New Zealand. It’s quite far from my stuff but it still makes my heart melt. Lisa, you are one talented lady. Your daughter is so lucky.
Now I believe I’m supposed to tell you 7 things about me. This feels a little strange. I didn’t start this blog to talk about me, only to share the things I make.
1. I’m orginally from the UK.
2. I moved to New Zealand with my partner and baby boy 10 years ago.
3. I miss my sister from the UK like crazy and it’s the hardest thing about living out here.
4. I love baking cakes. Shame I have a gluten intolerant partner!
5. I couldn’t be happier than camping at the beach in summertime with a group of friends. Cold showers and long drop toilets? Bring it on.
6. I miss tramping and other outdoor activities now we have kids. Hoping we can get back into this as the kids get older and we won’t be too old!
7. I love to travel but only at the backpacker level. Posh hotels leave me cold.
There you go and I didn’t even mention sewing once! Here’s the instructions for my nominees:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award/The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees (or a few less if you are short on time).
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blog.