More Oliver + S

Here’s the final installments of the dress-a-thon for my friend who has moved with her family of four girls to Tokelau. I have continued with the Oliver + s patterns and hope that they fit OK.

For the 8 year old I made a Badminton skort and top. I have always been intrigued by how this top is made so quite enjoyed having the secret revealed. Quite clever really and whilst fiddly not as difficult as I had imagined. I went with cool green colours as this girl is not a pink and frilly type.















I had no coordinating green ribbon so went with a contrasting blue. Should have definitely done some ironing but I was just about to package them of for a boat journey so couldn’t bring myself to!











This is the skort. I would like it fuller I think but that’s hard to modify because of the scalloped hem. I’m hoping I get to see a photo of it worn to assess this.














I had no coordinating poplin so I cut up an old bedsheet for the skort. Please don’t tell!


For the older sister I used the Seashore sundress pattern I have made before. I wanted to make this more grown up so went with a mature colour. I hope it is appreciated and I didn’t go too far. I couldn’t resist however sneaking a little decoration with decorative stitching and a little ribbon tag. The colour of this matches better in real life. Honest.


















































Here’s the three dresses I have to post all together. One was already given before they left.


I hope they are liked and appreciated.


Oliver and S Puppet Show

And onto the next dress for the next sister. This is for little Eva, aged two. I loved having the excuse to make a dinky little dress like this since I wasn’t sewing for Elsa when she was this delightfully small. She has now outgrown the Oliver and S Puppet Show pattern so I feel like I’ve got a better money’s worth having used it another time.

I was heartened by managing the Birthday Party pattern so reckoned I would be OK with this one too. I was also inspired by this dress and this to make it in a solid colour. Not my usual style AT ALL but just as a nod to my colourful leanings I went for a hyacinth purple and teamed it with lime green. Oh yes. I love the modern fresh look with an more traditional style dress, I think it really funks it up. Some people might exchange a consonant in there I’m sure.

I sure hope the little girl it’s aimed at likes it, anyway. She has a gorgeous olive complexion and I think she will look stunning. Anyway on with the dress:












It looks a bit bleached out because it’s SOO sunny today. Honestly it’s a really deep purple. I love the curved line over the front of the dress and thought it might get lost in a solid colour so highlighted it with a lime green decorative stitch. Not getting lost now that’s for sure.


























Here’s the arm detail. I like the lime green buttons. I just forgot to buy enough of them for the back so I’ll get those next week. Sigh. I bound the cuff seam with bias binding to make it nice and soft on little arms. Oh, and I handstitched the lining in, too, and of course more french seams.













Look how lucky I am. These awesome labels were my present for Christmas from my other half. I have them in green, purple and dark brown. Can’t wait to put more of them in!

Pattern: Oliver and S Puppet Show Dress
Embroidery: Stickdatein
Fabric: Linen from Spotlight